Nature is the best playground
All areas which can be investigated in our outside area.
At Mini VIPs our Outdoor area will include:
- Challenge; both physical and mental.
- A sensory area.
- Learning that is led by the child’s interests and needs.
- Experiences to develop positive social interactions.
- A replication of the provision provided inside, but on a larger scale.
- Resources easily accessible to the children so that they are not reliant on adults.
- Equipment that will develop your child’s large muscles through gross motor skills.
- Areas for your child to visit that will provide learning experiences about the nature around them.
- Separate areas for babies and toddlers to feel safe and secure, but able to see the older children to observe them and learn from them.
- A layout that allows activities to flow, and noisy activities kept separate from quieter activities.
Characteristicsof Effective Learning
Playing and exploring
Creating and thinking critically
Personal, Social and Emotional Development
Communication and Language
Understanding the World
Expressive Arts and Design